WELCOME TO CLASS 4’s HOMEPAGE
Class Teacher: Mrs N Morris
Teaching Assistant Support: Mrs K Bradbury & Mrs H Farrington
A very warm welcome to Class 4. Myself, Mrs Bradbury and Mrs Farrington are really looking forward to working with your child this year and supporting them with their progress and learning in partnership with parents, carers and guardians.
We have a very busy and exciting year ahead. I am thrilled with the enthusiastic start that all children have made to class 4. They have adapted quickly to rules, routines and expectations and have settled well.
In class 4 all the adults work hard to support your child across all areas of learning and provide a safe, secure and stimulating learning environment, but most importantly they are vigilant to the social and emotional needs of your child. A happy and content child is a child who will be able to access their learning to the best of their ability and achieve the best they can.
We will regularly update this class page and include some updates on Twitter, so you are able to see your child’s learning ‘in action’! We will also include any web links or recommended resources to further support your child’s learning at home.
We would encourage all parents, carers and guardians, where appropriate or relevant, to communicate any changes to your child’s routines, medical information or circumstances that may impact upon their emotional well-being, so that all adults are able to offer your child the support they may need during this period. Thank-you.
If you need to speak informally with the class teacher, then the end of the day is usually the best time. If you feel a longer conversation is necessary, then please make an appointment with the office and a mutually convenient time can be agreed and arranged.
Thank-you for your continued support.
PLEASE SCROLL BELOW FOR DETAILS OF WEEKLY ROUTINES…
Weekly Routines-Class 4
- PE lesson-Developing football skills with the Manchester United Foundation. .-PLEASE ENSURE YOUR CHILD HAS THEIR FULL PE IN KIT AVAILABLE IN SCHOOL TO ENABLE THEM TO PARTICIPATE IN THE LESSON-Thank-you.
- Class teacher/Teaching Assistant- to monitor and sign all children’s reading records and provide children with the opportunity to change their scheme reader if this applies to your child. Try and encourage your child to read for ten minutes EVERY DAY at home. This short amount of time each day is invaluable and supports your child in developing their fluency and comprehension as well as exposing your child to rich language and vocabulary which also enables your child to become a more accomplished writer. Please sign your child’s reading record each time they read at home. Thank-you.
· HOMEWORK: Weekly times table test-All children to bring their book into school on this day, so they are able to complete the test in their book. We will mark the test together and your child will bring their book home that day so they are able to share their results with you and will have another set of times tables to practice for a test the following Wednesday. Please support and encourage your child to practice their given times table out of sequence and not to just rely on rote learning strategies. The ability to recall times table facts is crucial in supporting many other areas of maths, including links to division.
FROM JUNE 2019 ALL Y4 CHILDREN NATIONALLY WILL UNDERTAKE A STATUTORY TIMES TABLE ASSESSMENT.
- P.M. All KS2 staff to undertake PPA-Class 4 will have Music with Mrs. Bradbury followed by Madame Chedded who will teach French.
- P.E. lesson: Class 4 will end the day with Miss Threadgold who will teach Netball this half term followed by Hockey next half term.-PLEASE ENSURE YOUR CHILD HAS THEIR FULL PE IN KIT AVAILABLE IN SCHOOL TO ENABLE THEM TO PARTICIPATE IN THE LESSON-Thank-you.
- HOMEWORK: Weekly spelling test-All children to bring their book into school on this day, so they are able to complete the test in their book. We will mark the test together and your child will bring their book home that day so they are able to share their results with you and will have another set of spellings to practice for a test the following Friday. Please support and encourage your child to practice their given spellings out of sequence and not to just rely on rote learning strategies. The ability to recall spellings is crucial in supporting your child’s reading and writing.
Finally-Please label all your child’s belongings with their full name, including lunch boxes, water bottles, coats, bags and items of uniform and PE kit. Thank-you!
BELOW ARE PICTURES AND DETAILS OF OUR WORK. TO SEE WHAT WE HAVE BEEN DOING KEEP SCROLLING.